[TYPO3-mvc] FLUID: dynamic layout switching?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Feb 19 16:07:08 CET 2010

Hi,

I just tried to switch layouts dynamically by something like this in my
templates:
<f:layout name="{layout}" />

But all I get are FLUID node access errors.

I was trying to use the same template for regular rendering on the
website as well as for ajax requests, where the Ajax layout would
automatically wrap the content and add a XML header etc.

Is something like this not possible? How would you realize f.e.
switchable website layouts where you only rearrange subparts - also
thinking about TYPO3v5?