[TYPO3-mvc] updateAction not saving field extending another Model

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Feb 19 11:37:57 CET 2010

Søren Malling schrieb:

> I create the field in fe_users table with the name
> tx_groupmembers_domain_model_member_number (all lowercase) due to the
> naming convention ( question #1: is this the correct naming convention
> used?)

They convention is <extensionkey>_<field> for TYPO3. AFAICS ExtBase only adds a convention to the
table name not the field names. So it should be tx_groupmembers_number

> 				<f:form.textbox property="number" /><br /> (question #2: is this
> the correct way to call the field, using the property name and not the
> database field name?)

I haven't used forms yet, but the answer can only be yes. We're working on objects (models) not on
some rows in a DB-

> I expect this to show the content of the property "member" but i shows
> blank, even though the field (with the long name) got a value.

Try the name tx_groupmembers_number. If that doesn't help you have to map all your new fields, just
as you had to do with your class/model.

Masi