[TYPO3-mvc] Feedback on extbase

Uwe Michelfelder um at limeflavour.com
Thu Feb 18 19:19:14 CET 2010

Hi Nils,

nice write up of your experiences. I just started a project about the
same size (2500+ fe-users).

I'm right now at the point of pulling together the forms and data in the
model by templating with fluid.

One thing I stumbled upon immediatly too, was the label-issue in forms.
Here I would be interested to see your modified viewhelper.

Another question which I thin you might know is concerning the gathered
user data:
Did you extend the fe_users Domain Model? And if, are aggregated users
e.g. group->members objects of the extended model or still frontenduser
objects?
The latter is my problem right now, although I declare "members" as
objects of the extended model MyExtendedUser (which extends
Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser).

I will put this question in an extra mail on the list, so others might
find it by more specific subject.

Greets,
Uwe