[TYPO3-mvc] How to get calculated data from a query into an object?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Feb 16 18:27:34 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm currently struggling with a query returning stores from the
repository, that are near by the visitors location. The stores get found
nicely by my custom statement, but how can I assign a row value
"distance" that got calculated by MySQL to a property to my store
objects? The distance is not part of the general domain and should not
get persisted etc., but it is required for this special purpose.

I could of course add a getter method to my store and call a service
calculating the distance again, but that's unnecessary overhead as
everything is already in place for use.

How to deal with such special cases? Is there any concept in
FLOW3/extbase yet?

For now I hacked extbase to fill any available property of a object with
a DBvalue as long as it has a type/var annotation - so it's working now
for me ATM, but it's just a hack and I wonder how the official way would be.