[TYPO3-mvc] DateTime: Should I give up?

Joerg Schoppet joerg at schoppet.de
Sun Feb 14 22:20:11 CET 2010

Hi,

I tried now several ways to update a DateTime-Field in a backend-module
with extbase, but I don't get it.

I have a property "birthday" within my model.

I first tried it directly within a form, but well -> nogo
Then I created two additional methods "setBirthdaystring" and
"getBirthdaystring", which receives/send strings -> nogo
Then I changed the original getter/setter-methods to receive/send
strings instead of datetime -> nogo

The only I haven't tried is the jquery-way jochen suggested, but I don't
want to include an additional javascript-library.

Is there currently a prefered way to create forms for creating/updating
datetime-fields in extbase?

A little bit frustrated,
Joerg