[TYPO3-mvc] How to return a filtered subset of child objects?

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Sat Feb 13 09:29:53 CET 2010

Hi Thomas,

As I understood it right now, you get a filter, and you want to restrict
the products which are shown based on this filter.

So, why not write a "find"-method inside the repository which will get
the Filter as an argument, and then build the whole object tree of
categories and products to conform to the selected filter?

I feel this would be more in line with MVC, as it is the job of the
controller to give the data to be rendered to the view.

Greets,
Sebastian