[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid namespace problem

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 21:48:40 CET 2010

Good evening!

Some time ago, when working on a project, I created a html form
using Extbase and Fluid. On the form I bound an object, and inside,
the form fields where bound to object properties.

Still inside the form tag I wanted to create an action link, and the
argument attribute of the link tag, wshould pass some objects.

The problem was, that Fluid threw an exception, telling me, that some
variable/property was already defined/in use. This happened, because
some form field property had the same name as one of the link arguments.

Here's an example:

<f:form name="car" object="{car}">

	<!-- textfield -->
	<f:form.textfield property="engine"/>

	<!-- link -->
	<f:link.action arguments="{engine: engine}"/>
</f:form>

I'm not 100% sure, this is the exact same html markup,
I had the problem with, but hopefully it is.

Fluid will throw an exception, because it thinks, the engine
argument refers to the form, which is not true.

Can someone also confirm this?

Thanks a lot,
Thomas