[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid List Item Issue

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Dec 29 12:52:13 CET 2010

Hey Sebastiaan,

> Thanks for the reply, the structure is indeed the second scenario, a
> employee knows about the department. Would you be able to give me some
> sample code on how this would work with the groupedForViewHelper?
>
> Im hoping this would help me get this done, because it is just taking to
> much time figuring this stuff out.

This is a example from the doc comment of the groupedForViewHelper:

  * <ul>
  *   <f:groupedFor each="{0: {name: 'apple', color: 'green'}, 1: {name:
'cherry', color: 'red'}, 2: {name: 'banana', color: 'yellow'}, 3: {name:
'strawberry', color: 'red'}}" as="fruitsOfThisColor" groupBy="color"
groupKey="color">
  *     <li>
  *       {color} fruits:
  *       <ul>
  *         <f:for each="{fruitsOfThisColor}" as="fruit" key="label">
  *           <li>{label}: {fruit.name}</li>
  *         </f:for>
  *       </ul>
  *     </li>
  *   </f:groupedFor>
  * </ul>

Mapping this to your extension would look like this (untested though):

In your Controller:
$employeeRepository =
$this->objectManager->get('Tx_YourExt_Domain_Repository_EmployeeRepository');
$this->view->assign('employees', $employeeRepository ->findAll());

In Fluid:
<dl class="employeeList">
<f:groupedFor each="{employees}" as="employeesByDepartment"
groupBy="department" groupKey="department">
<dt>{department.name}</dt>
<dd>
   <ul>
     <f:for each="{employeesByDepartment}" as="employee">
       <li>{employee.name}</li>
     </f:for>
   </ul>
</dd>
</f:groupedFor>
</dl>

Something like this I think. I personally didn't work with the
groupedFor viewHelper yet as I was not in need of it, so I'm not
entirely sure if it can handle this as intended.