[TYPO3-mvc] frontend plugin and pdf_generator2

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Dec 29 11:40:01 CET 2010

Hey,

> I developed a frontend plugin based on extbase / fluid. The plugin shows a
> form to search bookings according to either bookingnumber, billnumber or
> containernumber. When clicking on the submit button, the details of the
> searched single booking are shown.
> The url of the single view looks like this:
> http://127.0.0.1/bn_quicksite_2.1/customer-service/freight-tracking/?tx_rafreighttracking_publicsearch[action]=show&tx_rafreighttracking_publicsearch[controller]=Booking&cHash=711ae9d5d2c2459aaa7cb58f53233370

Do you directly see the booking details after the search, or do you
first get a overview of found bookings and can click on a detail view?

> How can I manage to insert a variable in the url so pdf_generator2 knows
> which single view to generate as PDF?

Depends on the logic of your extension. If the pdf should directly be
generated out of the search results you might have to switch the form to
use 'get' method instead of 'post' and your PDF should work. If you have
a detailView button, well, then simply pass the booking number via _GET
parameters if you do different currently.