[TYPO3-mvc] TCA Field type "group" internal_type="db"

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Dec 21 19:17:05 CET 2010

Hey,

> do anybody know how to handle 1:n Releation of multiple DB Tables with
> the TCA type "group"?
>

> 'test' =>  array (
> 	'exclude' =>  0,
> 	'label' =>  'groupfeld test',
> 	'config' =>  array (
> 		'type' =>  'group',
> 		'internal_type' =>  'db',
> 		'allowed' =>  'table1,table2',
> 		'prepend_tname' =>  1,
> 		'size' =>  10,
> 		'minitems' =>  0,
> 		'maxitems' =>  10,
> 	)
> )

Fields with relations to multiple tables are not supported by extbase.
You can use group fields of internal_type 'db' and a relation to a
single table though, but you need to additionally define 'foreing_table'
=> 'nameOfTable' in your TCA in order to make it work. Extbase has no
native support for the TCA type "group" yet.
I created a patch once that's at least enabling native support of group
fields relating to a single table, but it didn't make it into extbase
yet (I have to clean up the code of that patch anyways and find a more
straight forward way to implement that feature)