[TYPO3-mvc] Validating nested objects on create

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Dec 20 16:39:18 CET 2010

Hey Claus,

>> ---- part of my generic object validator ----------
>> public function isValid($value) {
>>      $dataType = $this->options['dataType'];
>
> where do you call this validator from and how do you get the data type ?
>
> This looks like you pass every nested object to this validator and
> 'dataType' is type of the passed object, right ?

yes, dataType is the type/className of the object to be validated.
Unfortunately I didn't find a nice way to automatically fetch the
classname from the property annotation, so I passed it as validator
argument like this:

/**
  * address
  * @var Tx_ExtName_Domain_Model_Address
  * @validate
Tx_ExtName_Validator_GenericObjectValidator(dataType=Tx_ExtName_Domain_Model_Address)
  */
protected $address;

> Do you use a customer domain object validator (called from controller
> action), walk through the nested objects and call the generic validator
> from this ?

only using the validate annotation, see above.