[TYPO3-mvc] Create model by uid

Коля Орленко okolya at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 17:48:40 CET 2010

Hi list,

I want to insert extbase plugin in two places: left column and center
column.

Both plugins use same controller:Category.

Left column should use action:navigation and should produce:

Category1

Category2 [active]

  Post 1
  Post 2

Category3

Center column should use action:show and should show full information about
category.

My problem: After calling
myplugin[category]=5&myplugin[action]=show&myplugin[controller]=Category

the “navigationAction” does not get “Category” model. Only the “showAction”
gets “Category” model.

Question: How can I create “Category” model by uid in navigationAction? I
can get the uid using $this->request->getArguments() method.

Thanks and best Regards, Nikolay