[TYPO3-mvc] Usage of Extbase MVC (Controllers, Repositories) and Fluid inside eID

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 02:42:24 CET 2010

Hello folks!

I'd like to output some JSON or XML to use with flash
and thought of using eID to do so. Now I'm wondering how
it's possible to use the whole Extbase/Fluid MVC inside
a eID script.

Is it possible - maybe with the new dispatcher in 1.3?

Or would it be better to use a separate page type and
include a dedicated plugin rendering the JSON/XML?

I'd prefer using eID because it seems cleaner to me.
Page types fit perfectly for output variations of
a page like a print view or a pdf view but I need
to return specific JSON/XML based on requests.

It would be cool if someone of you could help me
out and post some lines of code.

I thought of just registering a plugin in the ext_tables.php,
configuring it in the ext_localconf.php and then somehow
calling it inside the eID script.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how this can be done with
support for autoloading classes and also the full
functionality of repositories and Fluid.

Thanks a lot for help,
Thomas