[TYPO3-mvc] session gone when creating.

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Dec 1 10:38:29 CET 2010

Hey,

> we have a very strange problem with sessions. In newAction we set a
> session key with
> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->setKey('ses', 'KEY', true);
> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->storeSessionData();
>
> In new View we link to Create.
> When checking it in _initializeCreateAction the key is empty. We are
> stuck. Are we missing something about sessions that could explain this?
> We do exactly the same thing with another key for edit and update
> actions and it works perfectly.

I use sessions to store a object for a multi-step form and don't have
any problems with it at any action. Also fe_user sessions are indepented
from extbase, so it should not interfere here. But just in case, have
you tried to use a different session key then 'KEY'? (which could also
be in use elsewhere, for let's say a captcha etc.)