[TYPO3-mvc] sense of recordType in Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser?

Thomas Hucke thucke at web.de
Mon Aug 30 21:47:54 CEST 2010

Hi Dennis,

thank you for this hint.
The hits of the query giving a deeper insight about the aims regarding the
field 'recordType'.

Generally I fully support the implementation of single table inheritance in
that way.
Actually in the specific case of our well known model
Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser (and also for the FE-Group) I still do
not see the point of sense.
Distinguishing between different types of frontend users means that a
frontend user (in other words: a REAL person) could only be dedicated to one
specific recordType and no other.

Now think about the situation you'd like to install two extensions on your
site wich both depend on frontend user registration and different recordType
entries.