[TYPO3-mvc] multiple extensions working together

Henjo Hoeksma me at henjohoeksma.nl
Thu Aug 26 16:37:45 CEST 2010

On 2010-08-26 13:08:55 +0200, Dennis Ahrens said:

> Hi Henjo,
>
> Henjo Hoeksma wrote:
>> Is it possible for extensions to complement oneanother? And be able to
>> use objects defined in extension 1 be used in the view of extension 2 ?
>

> You can spread your models over several extensions - but there are some
> restrictions:
>
> Repositories and Model can easily be used above the extension border.
> Just call the constructor and use them. Relations can be set in TCA -
> this works fine for me.
>
> If you want to use controllers from another extension you have the
> problem, that you can't configure a "foreign" controller in your
> module/plugin configuration (ext_tables.php/ext_localconf.php) - we
> avoid this problem by providing a controller that extends the one from
> the other extension without adding any functions.
>
> Sharing Views/Partials/Layouts is also possible - you have set the
> path's inside a controller that should use files located in another
> extension.
>
> regards
> Dennis

I got this working except for the controller thing you mentioned.
I would like for example that a user (ext1) will be able to create a
new object (ext2).

I created a new controller in ext1 that extends the controller of ext2.
In my form I post to the new controller, but nothing happens - just a
basic redirect to index - but without any addition to the db. No error
output as well so I am not sure where to look.

Could you point me to an example in your extension? I searched for a
controller action, but couldn't find one.

Thanks,

Henjo