[TYPO3-mvc] Update "does not happen"

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Aug 25 10:26:23 CEST 2010

Hey,

> i have an action just fetching an object, setting an Param, putting it
> to repository->update();
> and assigning it to the view. an debug in view as well as in the
> controller shows that the object is "dirty".
>
> But the object is not persisted. Where should I start searching? Any hints?

what do you do after repository->update($object)? Do you trigger a
redirect, stop the execution of the script or alike? Sounds like extbase
doesn't call the "persistAll" method in the persistence layer, which is
only done at the end of the dispatcher cycle by default. So if the
dispatcher does not reach this point for what reason ever, objects do
not get persisted (this has to be changed IMO).

In this case you have to manually trigger the persistAll method like this:

$persistenceManager = Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher::getPersistenceManager();
$persistenceManager->persistAll();