[TYPO3-mvc] Validating nested objects on create

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Aug 24 12:24:35 CEST 2010

Hey there,

I seem to be to stupid to validate a nested object in a create action.
Here's my scenario:

Imagine a registration form where one can enter a address along with
some other fields. The address is itself a object and is a property of
my registration object. Rendering the form and having extbase generate
my address property as object is working so far, except that my address
object doesn't get validated at all, although it has properties with
validation annotation.

All other properties of my registration object get validated correctly,
except of the address object.

Does anybody have a idea what could be wrong before I begin digging the
sources for a possible bug?

I already tried @validate GenericObject, but according to it's code it
can't work on it's own and has to be triggered from some other validator.

Thanks.