[TYPO3-mvc] findByUid for FrontendUserGroupRepository and FrontendUserRepository not works

Valery Romanchev [typo3lab.ru] romanchev at typo3lab.ru
Sat Aug 14 17:09:35 CEST 2010

Hi All

I am trying to make user registration with extbase.

The current problem is that findByUid for FrontendUserGroupRepository
not works in Controller of my extension. TYPO3 4.4.2, extbase 1.3.0-devel

$userGroupRepository =
t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Extbase_Domain_Repository_FrontendUserGroupRepository');
$userGroup = $userGroupRepository->findByUid(1);
var_dump($userGroup); // Shows null

I also made some tests with
Tx_Extbase_Domain_Repository_FrontendUserRepository
and my own Tx_LabRegister_Domain_Repository_MemberRepository:

$userRepository =
t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Extbase_Domain_Repository_FrontendUserRepository');
$user = $userRepository->findByUid(1);
var_dump($user); // Shows null

$testRepo =
t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_LabRegister_Domain_Repository_MemberRepository');
$user = $testRepo->findByUid(1);
var_dump($user); // Shows what expected - the info of user with uid 1

I find bug http://forge.typo3.org/issues/4650 related to this (but it
marked as resolved and it is about more complex situation).

I also try to test FrontendUserRepository in blog_example - the same
result: findByUid return null.

Thank you in advance for help

--
Valery Romanchev