[TYPO3-mvc] extbase and (x)ajax

Frank Krueger fkrueger-ml at mp-group.net
Fri Aug 13 11:56:33 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I kicked up an extension with extbase in TYPO3 4.4 with xajax integration.
First steps went very well, using an ajax page with a different page type
and eval the given parameters in the actions after calling the
xajax-function 'processRequests' in the controller.

But now I'm stuck with transferring objects to the action controller, and of
course I want to use the 'magic' of extbase.

The form's submit is handled via
'onsubmit="tx_myExt_updateAction(xajax.getFormValues('myForm));', which
transfers the form values to the xajax response object. The response object
calls the action (in this case the updateAction) with the given form
parameters.
Having the xajax-response call in the controller causes that the dispatching
process already been run and therefor no form parameters assigned to the
controller->request object.

What I now need is an approach or a hint how to get the given form parameter
dispatched to the action controller.

One way could be writing an ajax dispatcher (I only read that this planned,
but found no resources or working examples), another way might be filling
the model object by manually looping the parameters in the action controller
function (I did this already, but that is not the way it should go I think).

Any suggestions, approaches or hints are welcome.

Cheers,
Frank