[TYPO3-mvc] Feature: automatic target page determination

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Sat Aug 7 19:01:59 CEST 2010

Franz Koch wrote:

Hi Franz

> you don't have to thank me over and over again. Once is fine for me ;)

Ok, than.. Got it;)

> Nice would be some slide mechanism,
> so that all plugin types unfold on clicking the group label - but I
> think that's what you already had in mind.

Yes, but I found out, that the "insert new element wizard" is spread
over a lot of files with a lot of hard-coded dependencies.. For now I
have at least found a method to visually group all plugins of an
extension in the plugin selector by adding

t3lib_div::loadTCA('tt_content');
$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['list_type']['config']['items'][] =
array('label', '--div--', $icon);

above and

$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['list_type']['config']['items'][] =
array('', '--div--');

below the plugin registration.

>> IMO the flexforms should then be used to specify/override settings for
>> this very instance mostly and maybe to override the default action
>
> right - but there still might be the need now and then to hide certain
> flexform fields from editors

Absolutely!

>> Yes, there should be a first level cache for the UriBuilder anyways.

> Typolinks themselfs already have a cache IIRC

Yes, but if we're doing time intensive tasks in the UriBuilder that
needs its own cache too.

Bastian