[TYPO3-mvc] Cache problem with update form

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Sat Aug 7 18:43:01 CEST 2010

Franz Koch wrote:

Hi,

> could you please check if the action argument is part of the post
> request and not only a getVar? The USER_INT switch is done using TS
> conditions checking for GP:tx_your_ext|action = update. And due to the
> way TYPO3 handles GET/POST vars in t3lib_div::_GPvar this condition
> won't match if there are post vars but the action name is not part of
> the post arguments.

Wow, that's true, t3lib_div::_GP does not merge GET & POST vars and
there is no TS condition for t3lib_div::_GPmerged.
That means the cache switch wont work for post forms currently.. Bad
news, because that's where it is usually needed.

We could probably fix this by inserting hidden fields for extension,
controller and action in the form ViewHelper.
But that wouldn't solve the problem ulitmatively:
If you override the default action in the flexform of the plugin, the
condition won't work.
And if we implement the possibility to override the plugin namespace [1]
- that wouldn't work neither with the condition approach.

Maybe we can remove the TS condition and somehow work with
t3lib_div::convertToUserIntObject()!?

Best,
Bastian

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/8365