[TYPO3-mvc] Implementing REST/generic webservice for Typo3/extbase

Fernando Arconada falcifer2001 at yahoo.es
Fri Aug 6 09:11:43 CEST 2010

Hi Franz

Days ago I were talking with Oliver Hader about this, and he said that he
would comment it on TYPO3 skype core member meeting (but i have no news
about this).

I also need to develop REST ws, but my approach is very general, instead
of develop a ws framework (that it is also a good idea) I think that
TYPO3 should have a good web-router that were able to manage HTTP
actions, for example with a bit development in realurl to support HTTP
actions and an easier way to provide config files per extension directory
you could do the work.

The model in FLOW3 follow this way: a good web router + config files (in
this case YAML files). Also studying the symfony framework it uses the
same approach.

By the way of implementing a web router (or just improving realurl) you
could use the webservices libs that you want/need

Kind regards

Fernando Arconada