[TYPO3-mvc] Feature: automatic target page determination

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Aug 5 10:47:46 CEST 2010

Franz Koch schrieb am 05.08.2010 10:13:
> Hey Ernesto,
>
>>> you also have to consider multi-domain setups, so the query should also
>>> be restricted to the rootpage (if defined).
>>
>> I guess this would be possible, but then it would add a complexity that
>> isn't really needed. The "auto" setup is for a simple scenario. The
>> multi-domain setup could still require setting the pids manually. But I
>> am ok if Bastian wants to enhance the auto-setup to handle even more
>> scenarios. :)
>
> well, for editors (those are the guys the auto setup is meant for,
> right?) their website (in a multidomain setup) still could be a simple
> website and might not look different then other websites they maintain,
> but then would wonder why it's working on one website and not the other.

An editor is not the one that set up plugins and configures extensions,
right? The admin that set up the multi-domain site is the one that knows
that his site is more "complex" and requires setting the pids.

A simple "admin" would be a newby to the scene, installing TYPO3,
installing some extension and adding the plugins to some pages. It
works! He is far from making a multi-domain page tree. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto