[TYPO3-mvc] Feature: automatic target page determination

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Aug 5 09:59:37 CEST 2010

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

Hi Ernesto,

> better use enableFields (also considers start/endtime/permissions):

enableFields - makes sense, thanks ;)
Regarding start/endtime/access restrictions and multi page setup:
I skipped those conditions intentionally, because I considered that
being to intransparent.
Imagine you add a details view in a non-restricted and another one in a
restricted area of your page.
Instead of automatically switching the target page based on the logged
in user, I'd rather throw an exception to show the user that he has
multiple plugins handling the target action and that he has to specify
the target page explicitly (in the template or via TS).

Do you agree?

Best,
Bastian