[TYPO3-mvc] php view problem

Franz Ripfel typo3 at abezet.de
Tue Aug 3 17:38:36 CEST 2010

Hi Hannes,

if Extbase cannot find a fluid-template (which you mean probably by html
view) for your Controller/Action/[Format], it will automatically try to
find an php-based View.
The naming conventions used for that search are
Tx_ at extension_View_@controller_ at action_@format (_ at format is optional)

So if you have an "UserController" with an "ajaxAction" your View should
be called automatically.
Your class-files needs to be at the currect location however:
efecto_procastme/Classes/View/User/Ajax.php

Greets
Franz

> Hallo,
> I want to use ajax in my current extbase fluid project. Therefore I
> defined a php view. I also
> defined a new plugin which calls the ajax action by default, and defined
> a typenum in typoscript which
> points to the plugin. The ajax action works with an html view, but not
> with an php view(ajax.php).
>
> How can I tell a Controller action to call a php view instead of an html
> view?
>
> ajax.php:
> class Tx_EfectoProcastme_View_User_Ajax extends
> Tx_Extbase_MVC_View_AbstractView
> {
>     public function render(){
>                return 'Hello World';