[TYPO3-mvc] Howto render mail-templates?

Dennis Ahrens dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 3 17:07:55 CEST 2010

Hi Sven,

Sven Kalbhenn wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm writing a new extension with extbase and fluid - and it's a lot of fun so far! ;o)
>
> But now I want to send a mail to the admin with some data from a form - but I don't know how to render a mail-template with fluid?
> Any ideas how to do this?
>
> CU...Sven Kalbhenn

You may set up a controller that does the job.
Render the output inside your actions by yourself like this:

$output = $this->view->render();
yourmailserviceormethodorwhatever->send($output);
$this->redirect('someaction', 'anothercontroller');

Another option is to create a Service that allows you to execute fluid
templates. Have a look at this wiki page for this approach:

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/wiki/How_to_userender_a_fluid_template_in_a_ServiceeIdCLI_Script2

regards
Dennis