[TYPO3-mvc] Proposal: mixed-ins for extbase

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon Aug 2 08:49:53 CEST 2010

Hey Helmut,

> This proposal might also be interesting for FLOW3, but since I don't
> know if it is already possible there with some AOP, ObjectManager or
> similar magic, my proposal is mainly focused on V4 and extbase.
Yeah, in FLOW3, this is very easily possible. With AOP you can just
declare additional methods and properties of classes (or bundles of
classes), so that's an even more generic concept.

However, as a convenience feature, we planned to implement Mixins in
FLOW3 as well (with AOP): http://forge.typo3.org/issues/6712 .

> Before doing some work and provide a patch making this possible, I'd
> like to hear if you think this is a good idea or not.
In general, I think it is a nice and important feature, which would add
a lot to Extbase. However I fear that it is difficult to implement with
acceptable performance, but feel free to prove me wrong :-)

For the syntax of registering Mixins, I could imagine that we even use
the same syntax as FLOW3, but additionally, the class still needs to be
registered as mixin somewhere -- that way, mixins would be
forward-portable later on.

So, I look very much forward to example code :-)

Greets,
Sebastian