[TYPO3-mvc] Query value objects. How can I handle it?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Apr 30 16:35:08 CEST 2010

Hey Jochen,

>>> I did not encounter a major drawback having a Repository for
>>> ValueObjects -- yet ;-)
>>
>> which makes them some sort of entities ;)
>
> The difference between an Entity and a ValueObject is, that the
> ValueObject has no concept of "identity" (that's taken from Eric Evans)
> or -- IMHO -- its identity is determined by the complete set of property
> values.

I said "some sort of" - but you're right  - even this statement is wrong
in DDD. Actually I know the differences between both - IIRC I even
explained the difference to somebody on the list already (using a
similar example like you did) - but somehow my brain seems to be taking
vacation. Maybe I should do so, too :)