[TYPO3-mvc] About limitations in Fluid

Lienhart Woitok Lienhart.Woitok at netlogix.de
Thu Apr 29 17:22:12 CEST 2010

Hi Sebastian,

> cool that you want to use Fluid for LaTeX output :)

Well, is there anything else one would want to use? ;-)

> +1, I'd suggest this as well.
> I'd propose to extend Tx_Fluid_Core_Parser_Configuration, to contain the
> values for opening and closing object accessors.
>
> Then, you could build a subclass of TemplateView, which changes the
> configuration of the parser accordingly.

Ok, I'll implement it this way and provide the needed patches.

>> By the way, some means to post process generated output would be really cool, for example to run the LaTeX compiler on the generated output.
>> I haven't found a way to do this now other than subclassing the TemplateView.
> I don't think that subclassing the TemplateView is a problem; it's a
> valid and sometimes needed programming technique. Why not just subclass it?

Of course I can subclass, that's not the problem. It's more the problem of resolving the view in the controller. But I can create empty subclasses like Tx_Myext_View_Blog_IndexPdf, that would probably work (though requiring an empty class for each Controller->Action pair generating PDF output). I should have thought of that yesterday, would have saved me a headache. But it would still be cool if Fluid/Extbase could just do such things out of the box.

> PS: Greets to Andi Förthner ;)

Good catch, I told him ;-)

Regards,
Lienhart

Lienhart Woitok
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Lienhart.Woitok at netlogix.de

- --
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
Systemhaus | Trainingscenter | Medienagentur
Andernacher Straße 53 | 90411 Nürnberg
Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0 | Fax: +49 (911) 539909 - 99
E-Mail: mailto:info at netlogix.de | Internet: http://www.netlogix.de/

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt