[TYPO3-mvc] Wondering about performance

Daniel Dimitrov danielsd_bg at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 28 09:30:42 CEST 2010

Hi @ll,
I'm still learning the extabse programming. I was amazed at the beginning
and now I'm still amazed :D
However I have some doubts about the performance and memory consumption.
I have a products mysql table. I'm using this table to generate list view
(20 products per page) and single view - just one product :).
I have created a Tx_BwShop_Domain_Model_Products model and I get the data
from the database without any problems.
However in list view I must show just 5 fields and in single view I have to
show some 30 fields.
I'm using Tx_BwShop_Domain_Model_Products both in single and in list view.
This means that if I define all model properties, those 30 fields for single
view will be also available in the list view.
So 20 products X 25 variables are some +400 variables that I don't need in
list view.
Should I create a new model for single view? Or is it OK to use the same
model in single view and list view?
Thanks in advance,
Daniel