[TYPO3-mvc] access to a new attribute

Stephan Petzl spetzl at gmx.at
Tue Apr 27 14:16:03 CEST 2010

Sebastian Kurfürst schrieb:
> Hi Cornelius.
>
>> - update: ext_tables.sql
>> - update: Classes/Domain/Model.php; add var + getter-method
>> - update: Configuration/TCA/tca.php; add and configurate new column
>>
>> If really everything needs to be done even if I don't want to display
>> the records in the BE than i am definately not convinced.
> Yep, that is currently needed, as the information which columns are
> mapped is taken from TCA.
>
> Some people will soon start working on some bigger kickstarter
> improvements; I hope that lateron, one can use a wizard in the
> kickstarter to add new fields as described above.
>
> Greets,
> Sebastian

Its a lot of steps to do:

    1. add the field in ext_tables.sql
    2. add the field config to ext_tables.php
	(t3lib_extMgm::addTCAcolumns) or to tca.php
    3. add it to the TCA type(s)
	(t3lib_extMgm::addToAllTCAtypes)
    4. add it to the domainmodel
	(private property and getter and setter)
    5. add the mapping in typoscript
	(only necessary if the DB field name does not match the property name)
    6. update the database (via extension manager)
    7. add the field in your plugin's fronend/backend template

--
Best Regards
Stephan Petzl