[TYPO3-mvc] Hitting PHP memory_limit or timing out with single findAll() request

Stefan Wild sw at sw4.de
Sun Apr 25 09:22:01 CEST 2010

Hey,

in my first extbase extension I'm stuck at a very early stage. When I
call a findAll() on my aggregate root (there is one row in the database
with a couple related entries) I am getting the following error:

> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 8208 bytes) in
> /Users/sw/Sites/typo3_src-4.3.2/typo3/sysext/extbase/Classes/Persistence/Mappe
> r/DataMapper.php on line 163

If I set the memory_limit to 2G, then I'm hitting max_execution_time
(set to 60).

This is with Typo3 4.3.2, initial models built with extbase_kickstarter
r28014. There are 10 models with one aggregate root, relations go up to
three levels deep. The controller is built according to the tutorials
and worked when I made another (simpler) model an aggregate root and
just queried that.

I am suspecting some kind of infinite loop with the relations that is
causing the problems, but don't know where to look. To me, the models
all look fine. I'd appreciate if you could point me to some common
mistakes to look for.

Thanks. Best regards,
Stefan