[TYPO3-mvc] Flash Messages get persisted among page hits

Christine Gerpheide cgerpheide at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 14:32:24 CEST 2010

2010/4/23 Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer <thasmo at gmail.com>

> Actually there are some situations where you need to display a message
> after a page redirect.
>
> Thomas
>
> Am 23.04.2010 12:39, schrieb Franz Koch:
>
>  Hey,
>>

>> right, I also don't see a reason for this. Even if I would do a redirect
>> to something like a "order confimration" page in a shop extension, I
>> don't necessarily need to display a session stored flash message telling
>> me "thanks, your order has been placed..." as there for sure will be a
>> dedicated template for this using some L10N translations. So for me a
>> flash message is and will always only be vaild for the current
>> page/request.

Yes, actually, isn't the fact that you can display messages after a page
redirect a really nice feature?  I think of seeing a list of items, then
clicking to creat a new item, submitting that form to the "addAction" and
redirecting to the list again.  I want to see at the top of the listAction
either "item created successfully" or "item not created!".  Building up
flash messages seems to usually be a problem for us only when errors are
occurring in my code, and I have to change something in the code hit back
and submit again.

Christine