[TYPO3-mvc] [!!!] FYI: Implemented first version of single table inheritance.

Felix Oertel mehl at foertel.com
Fri Apr 23 12:20:39 CEST 2010

Hey,

Am 15.04.10 22:37, schrieb Jochen Rau:
> Hi.
>
> Single table inheritance is a beast ;-)

I love it anyway ... great work! Thanks !

I got a model "Event" which is extended by the subtype-models "Workshop"
and "Lecture". Those are mapped to the event-table. I want to define
most of the properties in the "Event"-model as they are shared amongst
the extending subtypes and then use them extending the model.

Defining my Workshop-model using:

Tx_MyExt_Domain_Model_Workshop extends Tx_MyExt_Domain_Model_Event

does not work, since the class Tx_MyExt_Domain_Model_Event seems not to
be loaded if it is not involved itself.

Can anyone confirm this or did I just make a mistake while configuring
this stuff?

regards, foertel