[TYPO3-mvc] SOAP call using extbase

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Wed Apr 21 13:06:34 CEST 2010

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer wrote:

> Basically a Domain Service is just a simple PHP class,
> may it be a singleton or not, which you can initialize inside
> your controller via t3lib_div::makeInstance - nothing more.
>
 > [...]
>
> So I'm not sure, but your Domain Service could just provide
> the API for your SOAP service.

So it does not have to follow any interface defintion or abstract class
definition like the Repositories? Making it a singleton would only make
sense if the SOAP class is some kind of global interface to a specific
SOAP server - I guess in my situation having a simple non-singleton
class would be sufficient.

greets,
Bernhard