[TYPO3-mvc] Using existing database tables in a model

Mario Beiser mariobeiser at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 20 17:41:57 CEST 2010

Hi there,

just tried to have some output of an existing database table in a
projekt like e.g. tt_news.

Therefore I used a a mapping like it is done in the extbase core for
frontend users. When I try to print out my frontend user everything
works fine.

My question is, how it is possible to have existing tables as a base for
a model class? Just the same way the frontend user thing in the
Extbase-Extension is done?

So the typoscript-mapping is all I have to do?

Perhaps someone has done this before.
Regards
Mario