[TYPO3-mvc] After introducing "tx_extbase_type" my frontend users aren't outputted

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 11:54:37 CEST 2010

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the hint! I went through the thread but must admit, it
didn't bring me any closer to a solution. Here is my typoscript after
adding new settings

config {
	tx_extbase {
		persistence {
			classes {
				Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser {
					mapping {
						tableName = fe_users
						recordType = 0
				Tx_Groupmembers_Domain_Model_Member {
					sublcasses {
						Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser =
Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser
					}

followed by a lot of field mapping :)

In my ext_tables.php I've added the following

$TCA['fe_users']['types']['Tx_Groupmembers_Domain_Model_Member'] =
$TCA['fe_users']['types']['0'];

I still got no output from my model extending the FrontendUser model.

Right now the tx_extbase_type field is empty in the database, and that
would I expect to be equal to "recordType = 0"?

What is wrong with my typoscript setup, am I misunderstanding the
subclasses concept?

Søren

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Andreas Kießling
<andreas.kiessling at web.de> wrote:
> Hi Søren,
>
> please read this thread:
> "FYI: Implemented first version of single table inheritance."
>
> As soon as a table has a "type" field configured, extbase adds that field to
> the query and only returns rows that match a specific (i.e. configured)
> type. If no "recordType" is configured, it checks for the classname.
>
> From my dam example:
> additionalWhereClause: (tx_dam.media_type='Tx_Exttest_Domain_Model_Dam')
>
> I think, the check for "type" should be disabled by default, because any
> extension can modify or add such a field and suddenly other extensions that
> relate to that table will fail. If an extension uses or adds that field it,
> than it will surely switch on the check.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Officially Certified TYPO3 Integrator