[TYPO3-mvc] Documentation

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Mon Apr 19 21:30:54 CEST 2010

Felix Oertel wrote:

> Take a look into the TER. There is a lot of crap in there, do you think
> this makes TYPO3 more attractive? I don't ... People keep saying "If I
> want to do something with TYPO3 there are 12 extensions for it. First I
> don't know which to use and afterwards it turns out that none of them is
> working fine."

In my opinion it would have saved thouands of peoplse dozens of hours if
TER would have been beeter structured. If extensions could have tags or
troves, if rating would work, if snippets can get attached to
extensions, etc. etc.

Multiply thousands of peoples by dozens of hours and you will get close
to a million manhours of work which could have been saved by better
structuring the TER :( No offense ment but as soon as "_yaXY" (Yet
another XY) extensions where out there I noticed something was wrong.

> What I DON'T say:
> - People who write v4 extensions are bad guys.
> - People who can't handle extbase are bad developers.
> - I have allways written perfect extensions. *g*

I guess the ease of v4 extensions was one factor for the success of
TYPO3. Every schoolboy could write an extension. Of course the better
ones "won" and became popular. But still the low skill programmers (Hey,
how can someone who can program be "low skilled" ?!?!?) were able to get
their work done.

I guess there would not be enough "high skilled" people out there for
doing all jobs in an optimal way. Or does your company have problems of
getting enough jobs? Mine doesn't! *knocking-on-display*

greets,
Bernhard