[TYPO3-mvc] Removing relations in aggregate roots when deleting children

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Apr 15 12:44:25 CEST 2010

Robert Böttner schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
> I already annotated
>
> 	 * @lazy
> 	 * @remove
>
> As far as I understand @cascade remove the child gets deleted along with the parents deletion. For my domain the buttons have to remain even if an App gets deleted because they may belong to another App. What I am looking for is automatically removing the relation to the parent(s) when deleting the child.

You asked if ExtBase does as you wish. Do I understand you that you've tried it and have been left
with left over relation records?

If you "delete" the child records by marking them as deleted (as is usual in TYPO3) then it makes
sense not to delete the relation records, so you can undelete the child record (and get you
relations back).

Masi