[TYPO3-mvc] Documentation

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Apr 12 22:10:19 CEST 2010

Hi,

> BTW If you think we are writing a book to make a lot of bucks, read:
>
> http://oreilly.com/oreilly/author/ch03.html#royrate

That makes me actually wonder why you decided to write a book at all
rather than producing a free manual like the Core Docs. If it's not for
the money, why then?

I don't want to offend either, but I was very surprised when I learned
that the first official Extbase documentation was going to be a
commercial book. That it should be in German, I can understand (but am
still disappointed about), it's your mother tongue and it's certainly
easier to write in that language, although from all I could read, both
Sebastian and you are very proficient with English. But why commercial?
I didn't expect you to do that for the money, because I know that
there's not much money to be made from computer books at all, but then
why deprive the community of a free, English manual?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter