[TYPO3-mvc] shared templates/partials? Or something like skin support for FLUID/FLOW3/ExtBase

Christine Gerpheide cgerpheide at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 20:22:12 CEST 2010

> I know that there is support for different layouts in FLUID, but that's
> something quite different.
>
> What do you guys think?
> --
> kind regards,
> Franz Koch

Just a note because in one of our extensions we needed something similar.
 In our case we were switching between HTML and XML templates, based on the
presense of the GET parameter type=101.  What we did was inside our
Resources folder, in addition to all the Controller template folders, we
created an extra folder "xml/" in which we again had all of the Controller
template folders (but the templates were XML).  Then we created an abstract
controller with an initializeView method that would read the type variable
and if set to 101, then use $view::('our_xml_folder'), which all of our
Controllers extended.  Furthermore, we had to override the Controller
redirect method so that when performing redirects, it would keep the type
variable the same.

Just thought I'd mention, because we ran into a similar need.  The least
convenient part of this was overriding the redirect method, so a scheme like
Franz describes would have been nice.

Christine