[TYPO3-mvc] Documentation

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Mon Apr 12 15:03:24 CEST 2010

Hi Bernhard.

On 10.04.10 20:45, Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> I would just opt for NEVER removing the old way of creating a TYPO3 (v4)
> extension as this is a big plus of TYPO3: It was easy to extend it
> without being a information technology guru having studied 5 years of
> computer science.

The "old" way mentioned above isn't "old" IMO. You could use either
(pi_based and extbased). And you can even mix them (not recommended ;-) ).

You don't have to be a IT guru to use Extbase. But I agree, you have to
learn a lot of new programming paradigms. The key difference between the
pi_based way and Extbase/FLOW3 is the kind of required knowledge. If you
are an expert developing in pi_based extension. You are an expert in
that particular domain. But if you learn the Extbase/FLOW3 way of
developing extensions you have to learn more abstract concepts of
software engineering (Patterns, MVC, DDD, DI etc.). And this is
knowledge shared between very different communities. So, you are able to
ask "How to model the domain of my extension?" in a Drupal Mailing list,
too. ;-)

Regards
Jochen