[TYPO3-mvc] SOAP call using extbase

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Apr 12 09:22:00 CEST 2010

Jochen Rau schrieb:

> In Evans' book there is a small section about Performance Tuning. Maybe
> you are referring to this one?

No. He somewhere * wraps up the two goals the model must meet:

a) it must be consistent with reliaty
b) must be implementable (with reasonable performance)

As far as I understand he wants to be true to his design goals without loosing touch with real code.
Creating an application in the DDD methodology (again my reading) is very different from an academic
ivory tower design. If the code doesn't fly, the model is broken. That's why I'm a bit wary when I
hear that "concept X" solves all your needs and you never have to worry again about a DB or
underlying systems. That's only true to a certain degree. If you design your model against the
underlying layers your application won't work properly.

Masi

* I'll look it up.