[TYPO3-mvc] SOAP call using extbase

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Sun Apr 11 20:37:44 CEST 2010

Hi Bernhard.

On 10.04.10 16:09, Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I have a question regarding extbase architecture:
>
> I have to implement an extension performing a SOAP request. I got the
> basics running, my controller executes an action "formAction" which
> displays a form. When the visitor fills in information and pushes the
> submit button another action "resultAction" get's called.
>
> Now this "resultAction" should perform the SOAP request. I guess the
> SOAP interface should get implemented as respository? Correct?

I'd suggest to do so.

The background: A repository is responsible for "storing" objects. It
provides methods to find the "contained" objects in the language of the
domain "findTheLatestPosts()". The consumer (the object asking
"find....()") has no clue about how the repository actually ensures,
that the objects are still there. Although there are days between the
"add...()" and "find....()". The persistence backend could be a database
system, a text file or even a SOAP service. The repository has to
translate the wish to find a specific subset of objects into a
appropriate call to this backend.

This was discussed earlier in this mailing list: [TYPO3-mvc] Libraries
in Extbase.

Regards
Jochen