[TYPO3-mvc] SOAP call using extbase

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Sat Apr 10 16:09:54 CEST 2010

Hello !

I have a question regarding extbase architecture:

I have to implement an extension performing a SOAP request. I got the
basics running, my controller executes an action "formAction" which
displays a form. When the visitor fills in information and pushes the
submit button another action "resultAction" get's called.

Now this "resultAction" should perform the SOAP request. I guess the
SOAP interface should get implemented as respository? Correct?

So I created a model having all variables being used in the SOAP
request. And then? Is there some base class I should inherit the
SOAP-Repository class from? Do I have to conform to some interface?

I see there there are currently only repositories for different kinds of
persistence. But I guess a  SOAP call should rather be seen as an RPC
request - so "ProcedureCall" instead of "Persistence" ... I guess one
should differ between those two types of data retrieveal. Of course any
ProcedureCall could be used to retrieve information from an Persistence
layer.

So are there any working implementations, etc. for SOAP request or would
it  make sense to create a new directory "Procedure" or "ProcedureCall"
in the extbase/Classes directory and start writing such a/an interface/s

thanks for any hints,
Bernhard