[TYPO3-mvc] Is <f:link.action> broken when linking to translated objects

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Fri Apr 9 13:54:50 CEST 2010

Am 09.04.2010 10:08, schrieb Henrik Møller Rasmussen:
>>> So my question is: Do I do something wrong, or is the <f:link.action>
>>> broken when using multiple languages?
>>
>> This is indeed not the correct behavior. We will fix this soon. Steffen
>> Ritter did a great job to investigate all the possible cases for
>> localized domain models. The review of his patch is one of the next
>> items on my todo list.
> Nice - is there a work-around to use until a patch is created? Would it
> be possible to create a special view-helper to use until?

There is no workaround at the moment since the handling of translation
is done "correctly" in comparism to OO patterns (different languages /
different object / different uid).
But this is not inline with v4.x translation handling. There, the uid
keeps the same, only "language will be overlayed over the properties".

Here's my version Jochen mentioned. You may patch it into your extbase.
It will work for now (at least to show and edit the record in the
current language of the FE). As Jochen also mentioned "last word" is not
spoken to this topic, so the patch may not be applied to extbase,
another solution might be possible, too.

Hope I could help you out.

regards

STeffen