[TYPO3-mvc] Is some sort of single table inheritance or a similar solution available?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Apr 9 11:27:14 CEST 2010

Jochen Rau schrieb:

> Storing the type in a property doesn't solve the problem, because we
> have to use a explicit class for type hinting.

In my extension I use both. I have a type property (in the base class) and a concrete class for each
type. The type proparty is set to a fixed value in the concrete classes. What I also needed was the
mapping from class to table in the persistence settings.

This works with a plain TCA type field. No need to add a magic tx_extbase_type field. Furthermore I
found it difficult to extend extensions when anything is set (solely) via TCA. The "foreign_class"
mapping in the TCA found in 1.0.0 seems to be gone on 1.2.0, which is a good thing. All mapping
should IMHO done in one place: the persistence configuration.

Masi