[TYPO3-mvc] "= new" vs "t3lib_div::makeInstance()" in Extbase

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Apr 7 12:05:47 CEST 2010

Hi everybody,

> 1) improve the makeInstance to be able to instanciate the "best"
> implementation for an interface (maybe by adding a hook inside
> makeInstance) and use makeInstance in the Extbase and Extension code.
> The "best" implementation will be determined by configuration (cropping
> "Interface" from the class name) and configuration (TypoScript).
I'd rather right now not introduce a separate mechanism like this just
in Extbase; as I feel this is somehow out of scope in Extbase.

If we'd implement such a mechanism, it should be a TYPO3 v4 Core
feature, and not specific to extbase. Else, I fear that Extbase will
become an "island of its own" more and more, and losing the tiers to the
core. So, in general, I'd favor the following strategy:

- backports of FLOW3 features should be made available mostly by extbase
- In case a different solution for some problems (like extensibility)
than in v5 is needed, we should rather go ahead and improve the general
TYPO3 v4 mechanisms instead of just putting it into Extbase. Thus, more
v4 parts can benefit from such mechanisms.

Greets,
Sebastian