[TYPO3-mvc] "= new" vs "t3lib_div::makeInstance()" in Extbase

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Apr 6 10:17:13 CEST 2010

Sebastian Kurfürst schrieb:
> Hey Masi,
>
> you are right -- as AOP will not come to v4, that'd be a good thing to
> enable XClassing (though it's not clean, but it solves problems in real
> world).

Sidenote: in Magento they have a "class override" XML configuration which does exactly the same as
our XCLASS system.

> Btw: Right now, all Extbase classes do NOT have the "XCLASS code" at the
> bottom. Is this still needed when we have an autoloader?

Good question. I fear that the answer is yes. IMHO we wouldn't need this code at all if we relied on
the info in the XLASS configuration variables. If the configuration is broken (ie file or class
missing) then it should bail out (now it degrades to the original class without warning).

Masi